Saturday, February 19, 2011

Detox At CHI #9

I feel a little sad that my days at CHI is almost over.  I had a blast sharing raw, living food with everyone, but I am ready to go home with some 35 years old compost to grow my own healthy wheat grass.
Today, we made condiments for the sun burger we made yesterday.  I ran into a bit of trouble when I found that the tomatoes I dried the day before were gone.  I had to come up with some other ideas to make ketchup.  Thanks to one intern, Angelina, and Tatiana, we were able to make kick butt tasting ketchup without the necessary ingredients.  We also made mayo, and mustard.  We also prepared pesto and pizza sauce for the pizza graduation on Sat. Evening. We made some granola with some leftover oatmeal and some nuts.  We had to be a creative because we did not have many ingredients we needed.  We will see how it turns out tomorrow.
For lunch, we had Mexican flavored veggies on purple boat (purple cabbage).  YUMMY! Our sun burgers were hit.  Everyone loved it.  The condiments were just like you would buy from the store, but without any type of artificial colorings or flavor, chemical additives and preserves. 
Tomorrow is our last day.  We are going to have a pizza feast and strawberry cheesecake.
I had so much fun teaching classes. 


Always to happy to make raw food!

Preparing pizza topping.  Beautiful colors and delicious.

Green energy soup crackers

Spainsh rice on purple boat

Sun burger with all the whistles and bells... YUMMY!


Tatiana and I went for a 11/2 hour long walk on the country side.  About a quarter of mile away from CHI, there is a little river.  There were so many swans and geese. It was beautiful site.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away friends... those who want to stir up trouble should pass. This is a friendly site with my thoughts and experiences please enable me to do that stressfree. Thanks.