Monday, April 4, 2011

What Should We Do With The Leftover Juice Pulp?

crunchy, filling, and nutritious
If you are like me, I juice everyday.  I used to dump the pulp in the compost for gardening or garbage. I felt so bad every time I had to just throw away, so I decided to experiment with it. I made most delicious crackers with leftover fruit and veggie pulp. I love them, and also I use every bit of fruits and veggies without throwing them away. And here is how.

5 to 8 cups carrots, celery, apples. beet, cucumber, or any other pulp (mixed)
1 cup ground flax seeds or chia seeds
1 cup almond pulp, dried (leftover from almond milk, optional)
3 to 4 cups purified water (just enough to wet)

Combine them all together and mix well.  Add more water if you need. Spread on the Teflex sheet using your hands and smooth the top with the icing spatula. Dehydrate at 110 degrees for 6 to 8 and flip it over onto the mesh.  Dehydrate until it is completely dry.  Store them air tight container for a long time. Serve with almond butter.  Delicious!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ϻy relatiνеs all the tіme say thаt I аm waѕting my time hеrе at net, however I know
    І am getting exреriencе аll the
    tіme bу rеading thеs good pοѕts.


    my blog ... themagictop.com

    ReplyDelete

Comment away friends... those who want to stir up trouble should pass. This is a friendly site with my thoughts and experiences please enable me to do that stressfree. Thanks.