Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Green Leaves Between The Steak And The Baked Potato

We see a green stick with green leaves all the time between the steak and the baked potato. That green stick with green leaves is called PARSLEY. Parsley is many times overlooked and often thought as a decorative piece among the meat and the starch. Now, you are about to find out the mighty power of parsley.
Parsley is rich in chlorophyll that aids in detoxification especially in kidney and liver. Also, parsley provides Vitamin A,C, K, and B vitamins, beta carotene, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, manganese, potassium, folic acid, and sulfur.

Parsley can:
1. build blood.
2. aid in digestion.
3. boots energy.
4. combats fatigue.
5. dissolves cholesterol.
6. supports the adrenals.
7. strengthens teeth and bones.
8. prevents birth defects.
9. eliminates bloating.
10. reduces inflammation, and many more.
11. detoxifies kidney and liver.


To maximize the benefit of parsley, I like to use in salad, juice, and my energy green soup. Usually, I chop parsley very fine and mix with my salad. Also, I use parsley when I make salad dressing. Juicing parsley is another great way to get all the benefits, but parsley juice should not be drunk by itself and use only one 1 to 2 ounces. I like to add parsley juice in carrot or apple juice.

Next time, when you are eating steak and potato, don't ignore your green leafy friend, parsley!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away friends... those who want to stir up trouble should pass. This is a friendly site with my thoughts and experiences please enable me to do that stressfree. Thanks.