Sunday, February 12, 2012

Raw Sprouted Tofu And Kelp Noodle Salad

My daughter is a raw/vegan. I am always trying to find different ways to prepare a meal for her. This recipe crosses between raw and cooked vegan food. It is absolutely delicious.

Raw Sprouted Tofu And Kelp Noodle Salad
1/2 of two pack sprouted tofu, crumble with fork, non-GMO, check out this tofu. I prefer to use firm texture. http://www.wildwoodfoods.com/products/meat-alternatives/listings/water-pack
1 kelp noodle, rinsed and chopped, I get them through www.iherb.com, free shipping helps.
1 to 2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1/2 lemon juice
2 Tbs. Coconut Aminos, I prefer this product over soy sauce or nama shoyu.
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/4 cup finely chopped parsley

Mix them well. Serve it over green salad or eat is by itself. This is a raw way. Also, add other vegetable you love like zucchini, kale, cabbage, peppers or celery. I love to add hot peppers for my daughter. Be creative.

*If you don't mind the cooked ingredients, I usually saute shredded carrot and finely chopped onion just till they become translucent. Also, I add sour and tangy flavor by adding  some fermented cabbages.
I make rolls using wonton wraps. I do not fry them. I bake them in the oven. After wrapping the mixture according to the direction and rub some grape seed oil or sesame oil on the top of the rolls. Bake about 5 to 10 minutes or until the top browns. My daughter loves them!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away friends... those who want to stir up trouble should pass. This is a friendly site with my thoughts and experiences please enable me to do that stressfree. Thanks.